Friday, June 27, 2008

Withdrawal Pains

I've been on Cymbalta for.. a few years and I have very few complaints but.. when you run out of cymbalta, that's a different story.

So, that's basically what happened, I ran out of it and was doing fine until today the withdraw symptoms just reared it's ugly head. It just a crappy day filled with dizziness, tiredness, weakness.. my thoughts weren't clear.. everything was just crashing.

But now Cymbalta is also known to be given for neuropathy.

Finally I had to make a call to my neurologist to let them know if the Lyrica was working.. I made the call.. a few hours later the doctor called me back. I told him that the Lyrica's working and learned I can take three during the day if I wish to because I was having a lot of pain the night before but already took my second pill and was debating taking a third. I told him that I ran out of Cymbalta and he immediately asked if he wanted me to make a call.. I definitely said yes and a few hours was given my Cymbalta back.

Apparently my psychiatrist was out of town. Well, gee, thanks for the note.

Just, physically and mentally, I was losing it. I went to the store and thought I was going to pass out at some point.. Tonight I am very tired and should be sleeping right now.. and I will be signing off as I have another doctor appointment tomorrow to get a picture taken of my eye.

Luckily I was starting to feel better around 9:30 tonight when it was maybe two hours after I took cymbalta.

Moral of the story: I HATE WITHDRAWAL PAINS!

No comments: