Friday, June 20, 2008

A long story and stuff.

While my girlfriend, Lisa is sleeping.. I've decided to upload some photos.. Shannen, my.. cousin [not sure how this all works.. your dad is my moms first cousin.. he's my second.. what does that make you? Nothing? NEVER!] And her lovely husband made some shelves for her, I mentioned that I should upload some photos of my CD shelves.. and the wonders of a dollar. Yes, folks, you can get something for a dollar!



A few years ago before a yard sale here at my building, I spent the entire night going through over 200 CDs, taking them out of their cases as well as the artwork and putting them all in those big CD books. And then one day, starting a few months ago.. I got a little crazy and made this.

Interestingly enough, I surely did not sell them all.. One thing I noticed is I can put all the goodies I want in these little squares but the problem is keeping them there. So I went to Walgreens and realized they had the perfect size little bins to put stuff in and organize those CD shelves! Voila:



Here's some more fun:



Those little bins sell for four for a dollar and come in clear, white and silver colors. As well as several other sizes.



These bright colored cable ties, I got at the dollar store are great for things that you don't use too often or need to unravel too often because once you've got something "tied' you have to cut it.. So the alternative to something computer cords, your webcam or camera reader.. etc is this one below:



That has velcro and that's great for things you use often.

The other day I went with Lisa to her doctor appointment. She's deaf and for the first time, I think, she's requested an interpreter at her appointment. She usually had her son go with her. Now, I wasn't born and raised in Deaf Culture, but if and when I ask for an interpreter, I always hope for a really smooth signer. A few I've seen and even had myself, were not too smooth. But they need the job and they're learning and I give them credit.. I'm just glad I was there. I've been to soooo many doctor appointments since getting Meningitis that I hate to have any confusion or uncertainty for any one else.. Even if it's just a check up. I just want it to go smoothly.. It did.. I just jumped in occasionally when I noticed the interpreter not making the right connections with what Lisa was saying ..

If I'm being confusing, I apologize, but I realize as I'm typing this that it might be because I'm used to her and her signing but then again I'm a bit of a smart alec and tend to push for my way..

The long off point is, on the way there I took some interesting photos while going through the alley: