Sunday, June 15, 2008

Doctor, doctor

I went to the eye doctor on Wednesday. I have a scar on my right eye..somewhere. It's funny because I'm always saying "my right eye is stronger" when during this test I realized.. it isn't. My left eye was obviously stronger. But then when I learned
about the scar, it all made a bit of sense. We just don't know if it's from the bacterial meningitis or the fact that I was born nearly three months premature. It's nothing that I want to get too concerned about - even though I have to go back on the 25th.

I already have such a busy doctor summer.. Kind of depressing but remember, I AM OK so it's not like I'm trying to find out why my stomach hurts or something. I am seeing a neurologist on Thursday.. I've had problems in terms of nerves or weird sensations for the last 6 and a half years and it's really getting annoying this year. Mom wants to come, she wants to see what they say.. I'm going to have her sleep over since I can never trust her to meet me anywhere at a specific time.

Everytime I call her, I have to let it ring more than 6 times. She's figured out that collectors call and by 6 rings, they hang up. If it's more than 6, she knows it's not them. Anyway, I've been trying to call her on and off everyday because we've been wanting to meet but.. she doesn't answer.. and I can't always get up the courage to face the house. It's such an embarrassing mess.. I can't stand it.

Obviously today was fathers day.. I miss my dad. He was a cool guy to say the least. Despite the hardships we had, I do have some great memories of him and I can't list them all or I'll just cry.

Tomorrow I have to go to school, finish the financial aid thing they need and try to register for some fall classes. I have a few in mind and hope I can get them all in as well as keep my Fridays off again.

No comments: