Monday, February 11, 2008

Kelly & Reba in Rockford!


Kelly Clarkson & Reba McEntire! I took this photo, along with a thousand others on Saturday February 9, 2008.

The plan was to head out with Yesina, Andy and Lisa. Yesina would drive, and we'd attend the concert.. Andy & Lisa would drive around Rockford for a while and pick us up when it was over. Scratch that plan because Yesina's mom doesn't trust her driving out that far. (It's about an hour and half drive from Chicago).

The concert is Saturday and I'm just now being told this info on Thursday night. I went to Yoga that night and slept over at Lisa's. Friday we spent most of it sleeping. I was very sore as I haven't gone to Yoga in a while. A lot of it was due to the weather and trust me, this weather sends me into a bit of SAD.. I finally got out of bed, and headed out to pay my rent and wait for the bus. When I finally got home, I went on the internet to search for a way out there. I know we can only take the bus but Amtrak.com says I have to get a train ticket in order to get that bus ticket. I went to my trusty VP (video phone - Sorenson Video Phone) to make these calls. It took me two hours to figure out a bus ticket and get a hotel. With the hotel, I tried to get one that would allow shuttle service from the Bus station to the hotel, the hotel to the metro center and later back to the bus station. No shuttle service. I'm told that a cab service won't be too costly.

I paid $100 for a night and I was already feeling the stress from these last minute changes.
Getting bus information wasn't making it any easier! With Amtrak saying I can't order my ticket, I call greyhound and..trust me, everyday I thank God/Goddesses that I can use this VP with interpreters because she told me this person had a terrible accent that was hard to understand.. Plus this person was just being confusing.. I understood that I had to get there an hour before the bus leaves to get my ticket - which by the way meant we had to leave my place at 4am to get there at 5:30am while the bus left at 6:30am..

Lastly, all I wanted to know was where do I go to get these tickets. Of course it was downtown.

Anyway, getting there was a little stressful and very cold.. We missed the bus.. Then it finally came at a quarter to five.. Luckily the train was there was we arrived and basically we were OK. But getting back to the bus station Sunday was terrible.. The first cab I called said that it would be 2 hours before we finally get a cab, no good. Called another cab and they never came. We ALMOST missed our bus! It was about to pull away by the time we finally got there. A woman who worked at the hotel had to drive us because the stupid cab company kept telling me on the phone that they're on the way.

Anyway, now I need to hop in the shower and head to my night class.

No comments: