Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Birthday Was A Good Day.

I've definitely had one of the best birthdays in a long while.. There wasn't anything planned. The weather was great though! Lisa and I headed to Baskin Robbins for my free birthday scoop. Then to Starbucks for a Mocha Frappicino and she got a Carmel Frap.

Then headed to my place so I can wash up, change my shirt.. take my meds so my feet don't bother me too much. Then went to mom's house. My mom can be a bit funny because as I was heading down Keeler, I called her and said "I'm almost there, hope you're dressed.." She suddenly said "But I was going to come see you..!" "Mom, I love you, but you never come when you say you will." Anyway.. I got some birthday money that I haven't spent on tattoos or anything. Took my beloved Rocque [pronounced like Rocky] for a walk. I have to get him a new leash and collar and a new name tag. Apparently he got loose sometime recently and instead of giving the dog to some other woman with his leash and collar, she took it off! Why, I have no idea.

Anyway, I didn't have any major expectations for my birthday.. especially with gifts. Of course, there are things I want like.. the Gilmore Girls: The Complete Series Collection and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection.

Those two things were on my birthday wish list.. Otherwise, the best gift was having a girlfriend and.. just having a relaxing day outdoors and around the city. I did try to see Jackie but there were some communication errors and nothing panned out.. She neglected to tell me that the hospital her father was in.. was in Maywood. If I knew that in the first place, I would never have gone out to Loyola University, assuming the hospital was there..

Anyway. It's all good. I'm keeping a cool mind. I didn't take any pictures though. My camera is just such a pain.. takes forever to get it going and it just feels exhausting to carry it around. I'm so shy with it around people..

No comments: