Monday, July 28, 2008

Turning 28 on July 28 in 2008

Wow, wow, wow. I can't believe I'm 28. It doesn't really feel real..yet. And I have no plans whatsoever. I'm so used to just not having surprises.. or a party.. or friends clamoring around to wish me a happy birthday. I want a nice one of course, well wishes are always fun to hear and read..

My girlfriend is going to surprise me with some activity. I have no idea. I don't give great hints because it's kinda hard. I wish she would be creative.. and think outside the box but whatever she does for me, I'll love it just as much. I guess its just different when I'd love to do anything kind of fun but I'd also like to see her enjoy it and not run to the corner and play games on my sidekick.. I'm a tiny bit more of a social girl with her around but when she's hiding, then I feel bad she's not involved.. I don't know how to explain it. I'm a shy girl too and go through times where I'm too afraid to talk to people so I just .. go in the corner and hide.

Anyway, I went to a great social tonight at Mary's Attic on Clark. I'm really bad with neighborhood names so when I realized we were in Andersonville, I was a bit shocked. The main reason for going was for me to finally see Paul Glasor from Gallaudet. We were both freshmans way back when.. and it was just great to see him after years of not seeing him. We chatted a few times -- I told him that I finally passed math.. not at Gallaudet but still in college - I FINALLY made it to college level math! Plus, I helped him in English because his skills weren't great while he helped me in math. I still failed math..

Otherwise, I slept a ton today but still felt tired.. did my laundry.. forgot to call a friend on Ojo. But I'll get around to that.

Otherwise, I intend on visiting mom for a few birthday hugs and maybe some spending money. I need to check on her anyway.

No comments: