Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wrote this on my blackberry

I sent this email to my friend.. and I figured it would be a lovely blog entry since things have been very stressful this week.
-----------------------------------------------

I'm going to write out my lovely week as I'm going to school today.

Its been stressful. You've been warned.

My new leg braces are doing its broken record playing - scratches and such. I saw the brace guy last week and he finally understood my "sensitive skin comment" and was quite alarmed.

I saw the dermatologist yesterday to show her the creation that she referred me to and its lovely markings. Thankfully she was upset and we're going to create our own padding. As well as get some special socks.

Before getting to her however, Gary called. The drama from last year about mom is going to lose the house is back on. He pulled out the "you're the daughter" card again. After telling him things like "I have 4 weeks left of school." And "I can't just drop my life and drag her out to do her daily errands. I cannot be Dad just like that." Eventually had to say "Thanks for calling and letting me know. I'll do the best I can but today it will not happen."

Upset and stressed from the call, I wanted to cry. I sent Carol a text about the call and thankfully she called me back. Its quite amazing I could even get the call while waiting for the doctor to come back. She told me to take a deep breath, you're doing well and everything is going to be ok. She assured me of handling the situation quite well and just to keep it up.

While at my appointment, my blood pressure had to be taken 3 times because it was so high.

After my appointment was done I stepped outside and was physically frozen still while the World around me was noisy and going on. I stared out at the sidewalk feeling numb and unsure what to do. Then I realized "Food. Walgreens. Go" those were the 3 exact words to pop into my head in order to get out of my "frozen" state.

I also called Carol back - thanked her for calling and helping me feel a bit better and hope she's doing ok.

School has been rough... Four weeks left, papers and studying to do I'm feeling a bit frazzled.

Last night I had a crazy dream of being shot... People I don't know stealing money from me - threatening to shoot me. People in these dreams were unrecognizable. The only thing known was being on Irving Park and Keeler where I grew up. I woke up and my body hurt and did not feel rested. When I got home yesterday after my doctor appointment and physical therapy I took 4 ibprophen, had a terrible headache and conked out for 5 hours. Never even heard/see my door bell being rung.

No comments: